Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Was it #1 or #2?

I was outside yesterday evening with my son Hayden - who I should have birthed in a teepee, because the kid never wants to be inside - and I had to excuse myself for a quick moment to pay a visit to the bathroom.

While in there, I could hear Hayden screaming some sort of statement or question from the sidewalk in front of our house, but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. I asked Cash, who was watching TV, to answer him or at least let Hayden know I couldn't hear him.

But what was I thinking, having the nerve to ask Cash to help out - he defiantly declined, also yelling at me: "I DON"T WANT TO!"

When I made it back outside, I let Hayden know I hadn't been able to understand what he was saying.

"I was asking if you had to go poo-poo or pee-pee." he answered matter-of-factly, as if it was the most obvious reply ever.

Oh.

Good to know.

I'm sure the rest of the neighborhood was curious too.

No comments: