Friday, November 21, 2008

F.A.V. Awesome



Last night, I was getting ready to go out and see a band that my husband is working with [Tommy and the Whale. Way worth your next 5 minutes. Please check them out!].

I was in my room, and the boys were out in the hall. Wrestling. Singing. Spitting. Reading. Doing anything but sleeping, which is what they were supposed to be doing.

They were pretty amusing, what with their alphabet-themed renditions of Who Let the Dogs Out and all, but I'll admit, I was on the edge of irritation. Just as I was put the finishing touches on my evening attire, and just as I was about to threaten to turn out all the lights, I turned toward the boys, who said this [I made them recreate it, just for you]:


Awesome from emily hartley on Vimeo.

And that just melted my cold mean-mommy-get-me-the-hell-out-of-this-house heart. What little darlings I have. They're totally getting Leapsters for Christmas.

So since its obvious that I'm awesome. And that my children are awesome. I picked you an awesome video. I figured this one pretty much sums up my night last night, because I totally wore the same outfit this girl is wearing. And yes, its true that sometimes I pretend Aaron is Huey.


Huey Lewis and the News - Heart and Soul


Its Friday. Show me your awesome.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that outfit is FANTASTIC!

Mark said...

Wait, you mean Aaron and Huey are not one in the same?

Anonymous said...

Those boys are precious.

And I think you look that way too.

Mandy said...

http://mandyray.blogspot.com/2008/11/friday-afternoon-videos_21.html