Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And So It Begins....2008 Edition

I'm just going to go ahead and ignore the fact the this blog totally got neglected this holiday season.

2007 is behind us, and I'm moving on...full speed ahead people. Provided I don't get pulled over, I plan on plenty of pit stops here. (and this is the end of driving metaphors, I promise, unless of course you're reading my other blog)

So on that note I have a confession to make.

Last night we did nothing for New Years. I mean absolutely nothing. As in I was sweeping the kitchen at 11:30, in between episodes of the New Year's Twilight Zone Marathon. I think we may have even gone to bed at 12:15.

I know I totally scared my sister when she called at 1:15 to wish me a happy new year and I was already asleep. Even my mother-in-law stayed up later then we did.

I didn't even watch the ball drop, which for me is very uncharacteristic. I'm all about tradition and celebration and don't like to stray from these things.

But this year, or new year, was different. And the best part?

I secretly loved it.

It was totally relaxing and calming, free of chaos and drama. Exactly the way I'd like the rest of this new year to be.

I had a few moments where I thought - oh geez, I must be getting old, loading the dishwasher, drinking coffee and covering my eyes hoping aliens don't show up on Maple St. on my New Years Eve. But I quickly wiped out those thoughts.

After all, we were doing what we wanted to for once. And I didn't have to call AAA to tow me home.

So here's to a happy, healthy and relaxed 2008 for me, and for you too...and if you want to know my resolutions, check them out over at MusicCityMoms.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I love you and your boring New Year's eve. Happy New Year! We Normans did the same thing... except we wore party hats and didn't clean up any messes we made except for the confetti, because that was a ridiculous mess.

It was good talking to you today. I hope we do more of that in '08 :D