Friday, March 6, 2009

FAV: The Reflex



Aaron and I were coming back from signing our taxes and treating ourselves to doughnuts this morning [very romantic stuff, we even stopped by the library and returned books, SWOON!] when this song came on his XM. I informed him that I thought he needed to put this song on one of his DJ playlists to which he replied "I don't know what this is."

"Just wait for the chorus." I said. The chorus came and went and came and went again. Still didn't ring a bell.

I was shocked. I almost choked on my coconut doughnut. I mean yes, we were only 6 when this song came out [1984] but I do still remember watching this video and wishing someday I'd have a boyfriend with awesome Duran Duran hair. Aaron says he must have been too busy listening to Mousercise at the time.

And in his defense, that was a really good album.

So, how about you - do you remember "The Reflex"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I DO realize what I am about to say, BUT...my opinion of Aaron has dropped significantly. He is a walking encyclopedia of the music industry. He owns his own record label. He has recruited, developed, & sold MAJOR talent...and he doesn't remember this song? I am sorely disappointed. All joking aside, I am sure it's becuase his Walkman wasn't working because Alyson had stolen it and hid it. It DEFINATELY needs to be on the hit list.

Bona Fide Mama said...

yes, of course I remember it. and i LURVE it. not my fave dd song. but i still lurve it.

meg said...

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHAT!

look i admit i dvr'd the new kids on jimmy kimmel the other night...but to admit to not knowing THE REFLEX?
hath he no shame?

aaron, aaron, aaron.

Bona Fide Mama said...

http://mandyray.blogspot.com/2009/03/friday-afternoon-videos-on-saturday.html

Jenni said...

Of course I know The Reflex. The reflex is an only child - he's waiting in the park. Duh, Aaron. I can't believe you didn't know that. Yes, I realize I'm talking to him through your blog :)